This is where we will publish copies of publications authored outside of NSC
that we think are relevant to our readers and which, in most cases, cannot be
found elsewhere. For original works written by NSC Directors, Advisors,
and Staff, please click the NSC
Publications tab. For actual documents in their raw form obtained
via FOIA requests, please click the Document Vault
- Revolutionary Propaganda and
Possible Counter-Measures, by Brigadier Dr. Maurice Tugwell
- A Ph.D. dissertation previously unavailable to the general public (except to those who traveled to Kings College to read it in hard copy). Dr. Tugwell has graciously given his permission for NSC to publish this groundbreaking work.
Clearances and the Protection of National Security Information: Law and
Procedures, by Sheldon Cohen
- A thorough and relatively comprehensive discussion of security clearance law, written for the Department of Defense by one of the leading attorneys in the field. Mr. Cohen has graciously given his permission for NSC to make this text publicly available.
- Warning: 12.9 mb file. We suggest right-clicking on it and choosing Download rather than trying to open it in your browser.
- Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) with redlined
amendments, by David Kris
- A meticulous version of the FISA statute with all the amendments color-coded into the body. Mr. Kris compiled this document on his own and has graciously given NSC permission to make it publicly available for the first time, aside from his Senate confirmation.
- "Intelligence and the Rise of Judicial Intervention", by
- An updated and fully-footnoted version of the article previously published in Studies in Intelligence in 1996. The author has graciously given NSC permission to make it publicly available.